Here’s how to watch the Game Awards 2022 online, with start times, nominees, and other gaming aspects you can expect to see this year.
With December coming and gone, we’re now looking forward to The Game Awards, an annual celebration that combines awards for the best games of the past 12 months with new announcements and reveals for potential future Game of the Year.
Square Enix teased what was coming up for this weekend’s event, which includes a live presentation by Final Fantasy 16 producer Naoki Yoshida, followed by a live performance of “blood upon the snow” from God of War: Ragnorak by pop singer Hozier.
You can watch it live on their official YouTube channel, as well as on Twitch, Facebook, Twitter, and right here on GameSpy. If you’re interested in watching on Steam, you can sign up for an account there. Some will get a free Steam deck if they watch the whole thing.
We’ll unveil new content for PlayerCounter during the show, but here are some other items we are hearing:
- Josef Faris has been announced as one of the presenters.
- The pre-show will feature awards and 12 new games from indie developers.
- A live presentation from FF16 producer Naoki Yoshida.
- Live performances of Blood upon the snow from God of War Ragnarok by Hozier.
- A new game from 505 Games featuring Michael Madsen has been announced for an upcoming episode of Game Grumps.
- A picture of a Tekken 8-themed package tweeted out by twitch streamer “Paris” and Keighley’s eye emoji response hints at a Tekken 8 announcement during the convention.
- Former Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aimi will make his ninth Game Awards appearance at the ceremony.
- Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsay from The Last Of Us on HBO—and Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson of the video game—have been confirmed for the event.
- Animal of the muppets has been confirmed as a guest speaker.
- Airship Syndicate has announced that it’s working on an MMORPG called Battle Chasers: Nightfall. Digital Extremes, the studio behind Warframe, is developing it.
- Ken and Roberta Williams from Sierra Online will present an award at the conference.
- An official gameplay demo of Star Wars: Jedi Knight III – Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight.
- It was announced that a new trailer for Baldur’s Gate III would be shown.
- That game company’s Jennifer Hale will join Jenova Chen at E3 to show off their latest game, Sky: Children Of The Sun. Norwegian pop star/singer-songwriter Aurora will join her.
- Daniel Craig, Rian Johnson, and Jessica Henwicks from Glass Onion: A Knife’s Out Story will present an award.
How to watch the Game Awards 2022 Online at YouTube, Twitch, And More!
The Game Awards 2022 will air live on Thursday, December 8th, at 7:30 pm ET /4:30 pm PT. Those watching online will be able to catch it on Twitch, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and many other places. In addition, fans who stream on Steam will also get a chance to win a copy of the game Portal Knights.
Keighley, video game developers, and publishers are starting to tease what gamers can expect from The Game Award 2020, including a new look for Tekken 8 and an appearance by The Last of Us star Bella Ramsey, Pedro Pascal, Troy Baker, and Ashly Johnson.
You can expect to see some big announcements for games coming out soon. One of them might be a new entry into the Final Fantasy series by Square Enix. Another one might be an upcoming title from developer Hideo Kojima. And there may even be another installment in the popular action role-playing franchise, Diablo.
To learn which games are nominated for game of the year (and other categories), check out the nomination lists here.
We’re expecting to announce some big news during the live broadcast, so stay tuned!